Do you aspire to affect change for the under-served and under-represented? Do you have a passion for health care and public health? Would you like to close the gap of disparities in health? Would you like to engage, empower, and train the next generations of health care professionals?
Milwaukee Area Health Education Center (MAHEC) is seeking an Executive Director that has a successful track record of influencing change and transformation in a diverse community. MAHEC is a non-profit organization that works to improve access to health care in Southeastern Wisconsin's underserved communities through the development of community-based, client oriented, culturally relevant, collaborative health professions education programs.
Position Summary: The Executive Director is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Center and coordination with the statewide program office located at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in Madison. The Director works with the AHEC community, academic partners, and employers to facilitate the development of AHEC health professions training sites and related programs in five counties in the Southeast Wisconsin region (Kenosha, Milwaukee, Racine, Walworth, and Waukesha), ensuring that federal and state funding goals are achieved, public policy issues are addressed and effective government relations are maintained at the local, regional, state, and national levels.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with local and regional health professionals and employers, educational institutions, and community-based organizations;
- Assess public health and health care needs in the southeastern region of Wisconsin and facilitate the development of activities and opportunities to address gaps;
- Develop and evaluate programs that meet the goals of Milwaukee AHEC for long-term sustainability;
- Manage the day-to-day and routine operation of the Center including overseeing accounting and finance, grants, program development, personnel management, and public relations;
- Provide leadership in workforce development in health care and public health; and
- Collaborate with Statewide AHECs to achieve state and national goals.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in health education, health care, community development, administration, public health, business, or related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- Proven track record of successful leadership and management, ideally in non-profit organizations.
- Successful fund development track record including grant/proposal writing experience and government/community relations experience.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully create and maintain trusting partnerships with diverse and underserved populations.
- Financial literacy and experience in managing a budget; record of success in building and managing effective relationships with staff, board members and community partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication and computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and manage multiple priorities.
Salary commensurate with experience. Milwaukee AHEC offers a competitive benefits package. Milwaukee AHEC is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and strongly encourages applications from under-represented groups.
Application reviews will begin on February 7th and continue until the position is filled.
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.