Health Promotion Program Manager- Native Americans for Community Action, Inc.
Job Title: Health Promotion Program Manager
Salary: $22.08 hourly
Job Type: Full-time (Exempt)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- Works with the Director of Operations and clinic staff to ensure an integrated and comprehensive health care experience.
- Responsible for the management of Health Promotion program related grants. Assists in preparation of grant proposals pertaining to physical fitness and wellness programs. Works to ensure sustainability of programs.
- Ensures privacy and confidentiality; HIPPA standards are enforced with all activities related to the Health Promotion program as outlined and expected in protocols related and not limited to acquisition of patient/client documentation, files, and records.
- Maintains and improves Health Promotion programs through innovative, supportive, and team approach; with emphasis on effectiveness for program clients, participants, patients, and the community.
- Trains staff and facilitates the practice of case management services based on the Standards of Care for people with Diabetes, Pre-diabetes, or Metabolic Syndrome and other chronic diseases, utilizing evidence base interventions.
- Ensures various grant program goals and objectives are met; oversees and monitors multiple budgets and program staff; produces reports; collects quantitative and qualitative data; evaluates program effectiveness utilizing best case practice, empirical measures at baseline, and at various predetermined time points for outcome measures.
- Implements and updates program protocols and related procedures for facilitating collaborative processes among providers and other staff within the Family Health Center.
- Establishes a team and integrates an approach and effort among NACA staff in promoting good health and wellness including appropriate use of the NACA Wellness Center.
- Establishes and maintains relationships internally and externally; including and not limited to NACA health providers and other community agencies for referral and networking purposes.
- Serves a key role in assisting medical providers, clinical nurse/case manager, medical assistants, health educator(s), and fitness specialist/coaches to develop protocols and improve patient glycemic levels, cholesterol, and other measures of control.
- Supervises the Health Promotion and Wellness Center programs, including training, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating work performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in health and/or human services or related field and two (2) or more years of previous experience administered and/or managing health promotions program(s) and providing physical fitness and motivational interviewing to patients. Preferred: Master’s level in health promotions and/or education with major or minor in chronic disease management, Certified Health Education Specialist Certification, or equivalent field with equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position. Knowledge of diabetes, a plus. Preferred, certification as a diabetes educator and/or a registered dietitian. Valid Arizona Driver’s License. Class I Fingerprint Clearance. CPR, first aid, and HIPAA Certification
*Must complete and submit an NACA, Inc. Employment Application, Letter of Interest and Resume. Application can be obtained through website www.nacainc.org. Any question, please contact Human Resources at (928)526-2968.
Employer exercises EEOC and Indian preference in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Sections 44-46, 472 and 272). If you wish to exercise Indian Preference and you are a registered member of a federally or state recognized tribe, attach copy of tribal Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB).