Executive Director, Southern Vermont Area Health Education Center (SVTAHEC)
Full-time (37.5 hrs./week)
The Southern Vermont Area Health Education Center (SVTAHEC) Executive Director oversees all aspects of the organization’s operations and programming, including the direction and evaluation of staff, the marketing and evaluation of all programing and projects, and the development and oversight of the organization’s annual, program and project budgets.
This position reports to the SVTAHEC Finance/Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Hires, supervises, and evaluates all agency staff.
- Works with the Finance Manager to develop and monitor annual organization and program budgets.
- Researches and pursues potential funding opportunities to support both the agency and agency programs.
- Responsible for all agency and grant reporting.
- Works with program staff to ensure program design, content and delivery is meeting targeted goals and objectives
- Works with staff to develop and implement agency’s outreach and marketing initiative in support of programing goals
- Represents the agency in various community partnerships and meetings and ensures other staff participate in designated partnerships and meetings throughout the five-county region as part of the organization’s Community Engagement program.
- Works collaboratively with Vermont AHEC Program Office and Northern VT AHEC to achieve Vermont AHEC Network goals and objectives.
- Keeps the Board of Directors informed about the work of SVTAHEC.
Qualifications & Skills:
Education: Master’s degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree required
Experience: A minimum of five years working in a leadership position in a nonprofit setting. Preferred professional experience in the fields of education and/or health care.
Skills Needed to Perform Duties:
- Excellent organizational and management skills to plan and develop programing, manage deadlines
- Strong communication skills to interact with staff, partners, the public, and board of directors
- Facility working with Microsoft Office Suite and on-line communication platforms; some knowledge of social media applications
- Experience developing program budgets; ability to understand financial statements
- Some experience writing grants and managing grant-funded projects
Successful applicant must live in southern Vermont and is expected to cultivate knowledge of and connection to healthcare and health-related initiatives in southern Vermont.
Benefits: health, dental and life insurance; retirement match, paid vacation and holidays