Resources for Health Professionals
- HPV and Immunizations. A Discussion about HPV from an Oncologist’s Perspective. What can be Prevented with this Vaccination.
Presented by: Karen Zempolich, MD
Topics: HPV Virus, Oncologist’s perspective, Cancer prevention, Improving rates, Rational for vaccinating at 11-12 years, Understand the burden
- Preventing HPV Cancers through Health Systems: A Tale from Three Systems
Presented by: Sally Luehring, MSL, RHIA; Timothy McCoy, D.O.; Brian Birch, MD
Topics: Health Systems Action Guides; HPV vaccination; Quality improvement; Cancer prevention; New evidence-based strategies
- The 'Shoestring Budget' Plan for Doing HPV Vaccination Quality Improvement in Primary Care Offices
Presented by: Sharon Humiston, MD, MPH, FAAP and Rebecca Perkins, MD, MSc, FACOG
Topics: Quality improvement, Primary care offices, HPV vaccination, Aim statements, Set of measurements, Change ideas
- “There’s an App for That: Increasing HPV Vaccination Rates”
Recorded on 5/21/2019
Presented by: Sharon Humiston, MD, MPH, FAAP
Topics: HPV Vaccination, Clinic training, Phone/tablet application, Role-playing, Improve rates, Motivational interviewing
- HPV Vaccination: Tools for Training Your Staff
Presented by: Sharon Humiston, MD, MPH, FAAP, and Kristin Oliver, MD, MHS, FAAP
Topics: Staff training, Vaccination schedules, Apps, HPV vaccination, Improve rates, Training tools
- Evidence-Based Communication Strategies for Improving Child and Adolescent Vaccine Uptake
Amanda F. Dempsey, MD, PhD, MPH
Topics: HPV vaccine hesitancy; Motivational interviewing; Vaccine recommendation; Evidence-based communication tips
- School Nurses’ Role within HPV Vaccine Uptake: A Model for Interprofessional Collaboration
Presented by: Brittany L. Rosen, PhD, CHES, University of Cincinnati; and Kim Toole, DNP, APRN, CNP, Xavier University
Topics: School nurse attitudes and knowledge of HPV vaccine; School nurse role; HPV vaccine education; Communicating with parents; HPV school policies; Interprofessional (IPE) collaboration; HPV resources.
- You Are the Key: Best Practices in HPV Cancer Prevention (registration required)
Presented by: Betty Lo, MD, Louisiana State University
Topics: HPV vaccine recommendation; HPV infection/disease; HPV vaccine; ACIP recommendations; Communicating with parents; best practices.
- PV-Associated Oropharyngeal Cancer and Survivors’ Experience of Treatment-Related Toxicity (Registration required)
Presented by: Jonas Johnson, MD, University of Pittsburgh; Marci Nilsen, PhD, RN, University of Pittsburgh; Lynne Williams, MD, PhD, Hilltop Community Health Center
Topics: Oropharyngeal cancer; Survivor outcomes; HPV vaccine; Treatment-related toxicity; HPV vaccine safety; HPV vaccine efficacy.
- How HPV Causes Cancer and Why it Still Matters (registration required)
Presented by: Peter Angeletti, PhD, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Topics: HPV infection; HPV biology; HPV-related dysplasia; Research work in Tanzania and Zambia; HPV vaccine efficacy; Public HPV vaccination strategy.
- Perspectives on Vaccine Hesitancy (Registration required)
Presented by: Gary S. Marshall, MD, Louisville School of Medicine
Topics: Vaccine hesitancy; Epidemiology; Root cause of vaccine hesitancy; Risk-benefit communication.
- HPV Quality Improvement: Small-Scale Efforts for Practice Transformation (registration required)
Presented by: Alix Casler, MD, Pediatrics Orlando Health Physician Associates, University of Central Florida
Topics: Evidence-based interventions; Quality improvement; Data mining; Communicating with parents; HPV vaccine recommendation.
- HPV Vaccination as Cancer Prevention: Give It a Shot (or 2) (Registration required)
Presented by: Debbie Saslow, PhD, American Cancer Society
Topics: HPV vaccination; HPV dosing schedule; ACIP recommendations; Missed opportunities.
- HPV Vaccination: A Pinch of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure
Presented by: Lori Racha, MD, University of Vermont; Damon Silverman, MD, University of Vermont
Topics: HPV vaccination; HPV-related head and neck cancer; Communicating with parents; HPV vaccine recommendation.
- Immunity Community: Evidence-Based Strategies for Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy
Presented by: Todd Faubion, PhD, WithinReach; Mackenzie Melton, MPH, WithinReach
Topics: Vaccine exemptions; Vaccine hesitancy; Evidence-based interventions; Communicating with parents; Immunization attitudes.
- Using IIS to Increase HPV Vaccination Uptake
Presented by: Carmela Gupta, MPH, American Immunization Registry Association; Janna Pastir, MPH, North Dakota Comprehensive Cancer Control
Topics: Evidence-based interventions; HPV vaccination; Immunization Information Systems; Client reminder; Client recall.
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine Safety Uptake
Presented by: Julianne Gee, MPH, Centers for Disease Control
Topics: HPV vaccine; Vaccine safety systems; HPV vaccine safety publications; Vaccine safety monitoring.
- You Are the Key to HPV Cancer Prevention
Presented by: Robin Curtis, MD, MPH, FAAP, Centers for Disease Control
Topics: HPV vaccine recommendation; HPV infection/disease; HPV vaccine; Communicating with parents.
- Countering HPV Vaccination Opposition
Presented by: Aubrey Van Kirk Villalobos, MPH, Med, George Washington University
Topics: Anti-vaccine; Vaccine myths; Vaccine source validity.